Saturday, May 2, 2009

Why are the eggs so much better here?

DSC01298-1

I’ve kind of grown used to French breakfasts.  A roll or croissant, an glass of juice and a coffee.  Breakfast is the same in Italy except the croissant is replaced by a sweet roll.  There’s a little café down the street (the St. Regis – which is also the name of the company my Dad worked for) that serves the typical French breakfast plus for a few euros more will give you  an omelet or oeuf au plat (fried eggs).  The omelet is nothing to write home about but the fried eggs are so much tastier here than at home.  Not only at the St. Regis but everywhere.  They are always sunny side up (I don’t think you can order them any other way) and they are rich and creamy.  I’m going to miss this – I’ve had farm fresh eggs in the states (my sister on occasion raises chickens for the eggs but they are a mess) and they’re the closest you can find.  Hopefully we can find a farm that sells fresh eggs at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment