Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Restaurant Rant: Au Pied de Fouet 6 = "F"

So John Z sent us to this place:

IMG 1608

The food was quite good (again not in the great category but very high up there).

IMG 1626

I had the chicken (with mashed potatoes)

IMG 1628

Fran had a steak with mashed potatoes (steak was a touch tough but quite tasty)

IMG 1634

Desert for me was a well rounded cheese duo.

IMG 1632

Fran had the Desert du Jour (a tart with coconut, chocolate and nuts).

IMG 1636

Some exceptional coffee.  There was also wine (which was excellent).

My rant?  We'd barely finished our coffee when a group of three people came in.  The gal running the place basically asked us how soon we were leaving cause she wanted our table.  Now I'm used to folks trying to turn tables in the US but it's never happened to me in Europe before.  To be honest even though I think this place had really good food I'm put off enough that I won't go back.  I don't mean to sound like a petulant American but come on - we had barely taken the last sip of our coffee.  So the food gets a solid "B" and maybe even a "B+" but the service is a definite "F" for what amounts to a failing grade overall.  Maybe it was a fluke - I don't know but I do know there are too many restaurants in Paris that get a B+ for food and also have C's or B's for service.  There's a business lesson in here somewhere I think.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment