Saturday, October 11, 2014

Disappointment

So we were excited to try a place we've been to several times in the past: L'Auberge de la Reine Blanche on Isle Saint-Louis. Carolyn and I had a great romantic meal there in 2009. We had a great meal with our friends Mark and Cindy there a few years ago. Food had always been excellent. Except this time. It seems Rick Steve's recommended this place in a recent book. I don't want to sound snooty but the place was filled with American tourists (ugly american shouting at the waitress: "What do you have to drink that's non-alcoholic") and the food had turned really really mediocre.

I really don't know what to say about this. I want folks to travel, it broadens perspective and lord knows we Americans need a broader perspective. I just don't want this to be at the expense of my favorite places or treasured memories. I guess the answer is give up and move on.

The French Steward on the Eurostar recommended a place across town we'll give it a try and report back - hopefully tomorrow nights meal is better than tonights.

No comments:

Post a Comment