Thursday, October 6, 2016

Bath

I think Bath is our favorite smallish town in England.  Lot’s of walking (we walked both the Kennet and Avon Canals in both directions around the town), good food (our favorite fish and chips is at Garricks Head), and entertainment (saw the play “A room with a view” with Felicity Kendall).  If I were to ever spend months in any one place not in the US it’d probably be Bath.  

IMG 2706

My drinking buddy in Garrick’s Head.

IMG 2707

The pie of the day (chicken)

IMG 2708

The best fish and chips anywhere ever period.

IMG 2718

One of the locks on the Kennet canal.  I just like the plants growing on it.

IMG 2722

Way down the Kennet almost to Bathhampton are a few residential areas.  We liked this little dock and the house in the background.

 IMG 2731

All the way into Bathhampton (about 4 miles from Bath) is “The George”.  I loved the building but the pub itself gets terrible reviews so we didn’t eat there.

IMG 2749

The Pulteney bridge over the Avon at night.  

IMG 2765

And the cathedral in the middle of Bath.

I’m positive we will return to Bath.  I don’t yet know if it’ll be for a short or an extended stay but this ranks as a must see place on our list.  

We’re off to Oxford in about an hour for two nights.  I understand it’s a beautiful town too.  I think this is a place we won’t have internet so you probably won’t hear from us until we hit London on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment