Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sometimes you win…

 So yesterday was fine. Part of it was great (see below). But I steered us to what I’d heard was a quaint little neighborhood north of old town in Milan.  I either completely missed it or it wasn’t what it was cracked up to be. We ended up at a giant shopping mall. Sometimes you lose.

But sometimes you win! Kind of randomly picked a restaurant (https://www.valentinolegend.it/) last night. A bit scared cause it was shiny and trendy inside…but the food was fantastic. The best (so far) of the trip. Milan is know for risotto with saffron and a breaded veal cutlet - neither of which we got here.  The most surprising part was the tongue with pesto appetizer- it was tender and amazing - order it if you go. Fran had a risotto with artichoke and I had a steak. Dessert was a lemon tart.  I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking:








No comments:

Post a Comment