Monday, May 29, 2023

An Afternoon at the Theater

We went an say Jersey Boys yesterday (the 28th) at a matinee. It was Sunday and most shows only have matinees on Sunday. The musical is the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. As I’ve told my sister, Susan, the music was great and the lead had an amazing range BUT he had a crap Jersey accent. Fun though:


One of our favorite TV shows is called Slow Horses. It’s on Apple TV and a vehicle for some amazing actors (Gary Oldman, Kristin Scott-Thomas) based on a series of spy novels by Mick Herron. One of the characters, Roddy Ho, is played by Christopher Chung. Why am I writing about this? He and his family were at the Jersey Boy’s show. As we sat down I told Fran “That dude looks amazingly like the guy from Slow Horses”. We looked him up and the woman he was with, his wife, is also an actor. We were able to confirm the sighting. We didn’t introduce ourselves or anything, let the guy enjoy a night out right, but it was fun seeing an actor from a series I really like. 

Now maybe I’m done writing except for a recap or a would do again/wouldn’t do again?

No comments:

Post a Comment