Thursday, October 26, 2023

The missing trips 2016, 2018, and 2019

We traveled a lot before covid with major trips in 2016, 2018, and 2019. We just got back to major (well European) travel in 2023. I didn't write a lot about the end of the 2016 trip, nor much of anything about 2018. I wrote nothing about 2019 and I regret it a bit. I'm documenting the itinerary for all three of those trips here so I can find them when I search. I have photos and even some random notes - I just didn't put it in the blog. 

I chose not to write in part because the purpose for our travel blog was changing. We'd originally used it to keep friends and family up to date. With texting, FaceTime, and even phone calls being relatively inexpensive we no longer needed it for that purpose. When we restarted travel this year I realized the best use of the blog was for Fran and I to look back on our travels both to reminisce and to remember where we've been and what we've done. It became our scrapbook.

2016 Travel:

  • Lisbon
  • Tavira
  • Evora
  • Nazare
  • Coimbra
  • Duro
  • Porto
  • Brighton
  • Bath
  • Oxford
  • London

2018 Travel:

  • Bath
  • Ambleside
  • Keswick
  • Dublin
  • Kilkenny 
  • Waterford
  • Kinsdale
  • Kenmare
  • Dingle
  • Ennis
  • Galway
  • London

2019 Travel:

  • Canterbury
  • Cambridge
  • Nottingham
  • York
  • Whitby
  • Scarborough
  • Windermere
  • Keswick
  • Kendal
  • London

That's it for now. Hopefully this will help me with future searches. I may take the time to go back and find pictures that go with each of these places, dig through my notes of what we did, and write up some posts for our “scrapbook”. But that is a project for a rainy day - which it is not. Off to London for the end of our current trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment